Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 3 EOC: Jeopardy- Challenges and Opportunities

   Jeopardy is defined as hazard or risk of exposure to loss, harm, death or injury. I only mention that to say the word itself evokes challenges by the images that may come to mind. However, as it relates to this week’s assignment lucky there is no risk of death or injury if something is not done correctly (lol). The assignment of recreating the popular tv show in order to study definition is a great way of making learning interesting. The issue with that is learning the definition. Not only do you have to know the definition but you have to be able to paraphrase it so it becomes a Jeopardy-like question. That alone in and of itself is a daunting task. But I also have to consider if my fellow classmates will be able to answer the questions. This makes the assignment harder because I have to “double think”. By double think I mean I have to think what I am going to write for the “answer” in way that others will be able to decipher the “question” just like the game show. It is not an impossible task by any means it just requires a little more brain power to accomplish the task. Obviously, it is doable task because the writers of the tv show do it every day with great success I might add. So that is mindset I am taking as I come up with “answers” for the “questions”.
The opportunities involved in an assignment such as this is walking away having actually learning something from it and hopefully others will have learned something from me. Of course, I am realistic and I know that nobody is going to remember everything everyone else did for the assignment. However, if at some obscure time and place either I or someone in the class remembers information I provided then mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment